- All products are added to your cart.
Optibac For Those on Antibiotics 10 caps
Contains these strains:
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11
- Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52
OptiBac 'For those on antibiotics'
- Daily-use capsule for those taking a course of antibiotics
- Scientifically proven to survive to reach the gut alive, even when taken with antibiotics
- Provides 4 billion live microorganisms per capsule, guaranteed until end of expiry
- No refrigeration required, contrary to some other live cultures supplements
- Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52 and Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, the strains in this supplement, have been clinically trialled alongside antibiotics
- Suitable during pregnancy, for vegans and vegetarians, and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance
For people who are taking antibiotics, or who have recently finished an antibiotic course, the strains of natural bacteria in this supplement are especially selected for their suitability and safety. The two high quality strains of natural bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52 and Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, have been extremely well-researched, and are scientifically proven to survive to reach the gut alive, even during a course of antibiotics.
Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52 is a natural resident of the intestinal microflora; this specific strain from OptiBac has been well studied to survive gastric acidity and bile salts expected at mealtimes and to reach the intestines without damage. Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11 is a natural component of the friendly bacteria in the intestines; this species is one of the most studied in the world of live cultures. L. rhamnosus Rosell-11 has been proven to resist bile and gastric acidity over pH 3 - therefore if taken at mealtimes (when pH is around 4), it will pass through the stomach without being damaged.
It is important to note that this supplement, unlike many other live cultures products, does not require refrigeration due to improvements in freeze drying techniques and the strains within the product that are naturally robust to survive harsher conditions.
Available in one pack size of 10 capsules of live cultures. Each capsule provides a count of over 4 billion natural bacteria.
This is a food supplement and it is not intended to prevent, treat, nor diagnose any medical conditions.
- Take one capsule daily with food, preferably with breakfast, every day during antibiotic course, and for a few days afterwards or until the pack has been completed.
- Continue taking until pack is completed and add a second pack if the antibiotic treatment lasts more than one week.
- Can be taken at the same time as antibiotics - this product has been clinically trialled alongside antibiotics and found to reach the gut alive.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.