- All products are added to your cart.
It's Pure Organics Organic Indigo Black Henna Powder 100g
It's Pure Organics Organic Indigo Black is a perfect colour for darkening brown hair. This colour is not suitable for a light grey or light blonde hair.
One 110g packet is enough for average thickness shoulder length hair. Very thick hair will need more, or if it’s very fine you’ll need less.
The likely colour result on different initial hair colours:
- If your hair is light brown hair the resulting colour is likely to a medium to dark brown colour.
- If your hair is medium brown hair the resulting colour is likely to be a dark brown to black colour.
- If your hair is Dark brown hair it is likely to give a darker brown to black shade.
- It is not suitable for using on directly on to very light coloured hair as it's can go a blue/green colour. You must either mix it with a red based colour or dye your hair first with a brown or red shade.
Mix the powder thoroughly with warm water to a smooth paste. Apply the paste to your hair in sections and leave on for 1.5 to 3 hours. The longer you leave the paste on your hair the darker the colour result will be. The colour will deepen over a few hours as it oxidises. When you initially rinse out the colour it may not be the full strength of colour. It will darken as the colour oxidises gradually over a few hours.
Because everyone's hair is different in terms of their initial hair colour and their individual hair structure and chemistry and will take the colour slightly differently. It is impossible to precisely predict the colour outcome. For this reason, we recommend strand testing before putting the colour all over your hair.
If you have used henna and indigo before you will understand that after washing it off your hair it takes time for the colour to oxidise on your hair. It can be likened to a cut apple - at first it the apple is white and then as it oxidises in the air it goes brown.
100% Organic and Chemical Free.
INGREDIENTS: Certified Organic Indigofera Tinctoria (Indigo) Leaf Powder*.
*Denotes Certified Organic.