- All products are added to your cart.
They founded their company because they are passionate about the power & efficacy of genuine natural skin care, particularly for sensitive skin.
Their founder, Margaret began making skin care from natural ingredients over 30 years ago. ‘Conventional’ cosmetics didn’t suit her allergy-prone skin and she was desperate to find a remedy for her family’s eczema problems. She felt there must be a healthier, more effective way to make skin care than using petroleum and artificial additives. So, armed with qualifications in herbal medicine and aromatherapy, and a passion for the genius of nature, she set about creating truly effective formulations, based only on organic herbs, plant oils and natural active ingredients that were compatible with the most sensitive skin
The result was Essential Care (renamed Odylique – which means ‘power of nature’) that she launched as a company with her daughter Abi and husband Colin in 2003.
They are still a family-owned company run by Abi and Margaret (in the picture on the right) and supported by a wonderful team.
Odylique, formulated by Margaret, is hand-made in their Suffolk workshop – not outsourced to a factory. This is quite unusual in skin care manufacturing and it ensures you the highest level of product quality and freshness.
Phylosophy and benefits of their products:
- All ingredients must have therapeutic value, and the product must be a joy to use. This means they use actives - herbs and essential oils - in therapeutic concentrations for optimum benefit. Plant oils must be virgin and cold-pressed so that they have their full antioxidant vitamin-content intact, so as to actively nourish the skin and protect it from premature ageing.
- Free from synthetic chemicals and are all certified to strict Soil Association organic standards. They were one of the first companies to create certified organic cosmetics and follow the precautionary principle to formulate the purest cosmetics possible. Organic certification guarantees complete product purity. It also means our plant oils and medicinal herbs contain the maximum vitamins and other antioxidants that can be readily absorbed and utilised by the skin for its care and beauty. A true synergy of science and nature. Studies show that when plants are grown by organic agriculture they have a higher vitamin and mineral content than when grown intensively and sprayed with pesticides and herbicides.
- Biodynamic ingredients. Biodynamic cultivation is an enhanced system of organic agriculture developed according to the exacting principles of Rudolph Steiner in the early 1920s. As with organic agriculture, no synthetic fertilisers, insecticides, fungicides or herbicides are used, but greater focus is placed on the synergy of nature by enriching the soil with special composting preparations to balance its valuable micro-flora and provide optimum growing conditions. This is proven to result in plants full of vitality, with an impressive spectrum of therapeutic constituents. They incorporate these precious herbs wherever possible across their entire range. They are grown in their region on a biodynamic farm carrying both organic and Demeter.
- In addition, they exclude lanolin, wheat, dairy and soya derivatives, salicylic acid, peanut oil, common allergen tree nut oils, and more..Their 30-year focus on sensitive skin means that they also have a unique position on potential allergens. They avoid all synthetic chemical irritants and possible allergens.
- Never tested on animals. Their products are tested on a panel of human volunteers who have sensitive and allergy-prone skin. They ensure that their raw materials suppliers and all their distributors follow the same policy.
- Their ethics also encompass fair trade and responsible packaging.
Although their company is growing, as a practitioner based, family-run organisation personal customer service is their priority - from friendly, caring, professional advice to prompt order dispatch.